Founded in 1953, Cascade Natural Gas focuses on serving the Washington and Oregon regions. It is a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group Inc and currently has over 260,000 customers in the United States whilst steadily expanding its reach across the country. The company offers natural gas at very attractive prices and also offers government subsidies for low income households.
Why Natural Gas?
There are many benefits of using natural gas when compared to other sources of fuel
- Cost Effective: Natural gas is one of the cheapest fossil fuels around and therefore can help you reduce your energy bills as much as possible.
- Convenience: Since gas is supplied through underground piping, you can enjoy a continuous supply of fuel when compared to oil and other sources which have to be bought manually every time your household supply diminishes.
- Environment Friendly: Burning natural gas causes less harm to the environment when compared against other fossil fuels like petrol, diesel etc;
How To Get Cascade Natural Gas?
To get Cascade natural gas connection for your home, you can contact their service center at 1-888-522-1130. Alternatively, you can also email them at [email protected] or go to cngc.com the official company site. . Once applications are approved, a professional installation team will install the gas lines with minimal impact to your backyard. The total cost of installing natural gas will depend on various factors like distance between your home and the gas main line, cost of appliances etc. But eventually, natural gas does tend to turn around and be the most cost effective fuel for households.
Special Programs for Low Income Homes
- LIHEAP: The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), is a government assisted program designed to help the low income households in the country get natural gas to their homes at cheaper cost. To know if you are qualified for the program, one has to contact the associated state agencies in Washington and Oregon. In Washington, LIHEAP assists homes whose income are at or below 125% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). Meanwhile in Oregon, homes with incomes at or below 60% of Oregon’s median income will be qualified. If required, the company can give you brochures that can provide the income guidelines and the contact details in your region.
- Winter Help: This is a company initiative wherein every donated dollar will be matched by the company ( maximum of $37,000). The amount will be set aside to help provide gas for Cascade natural gas customers who are in dire financial situation. The program has supposedly helped 9000 families since 1989.
Cascade Natural Gas Payment Options
Cascade Natural Gas offers number of ways for its customers to make their payments at cngc.com:
- You can make your online payments using your credit/ debit card or checking account
To register for this service, new customers can add their details in the form shown.
- You can call the BillMatrix number at 1-877-898-9253 to make payments
- The company also offers an Automatic Payment Plan (APP) under which your monthly bill amount will be withdrawn from your checking account.
- You can use Western Union’s Convenience Pay Service to pay your Cascade natural gas bill without any extra charges.